Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shades of Peace

Life is rushed. Busy schedules, endless tasks, extra hours at work; in this never ending race against time, we miss out on living. Our lives speed past us and before we realize, we are in that very stage in our lives which we once wrongly believed would never catch up on us. `Consumed’ isn’t that what we are? Time was never this limited!
But again, this is life as we know it to be. I can’t imagine myself living any differently. I, like many of us, am accustomed to the weekend lifestyle. It’s all that I have known.
Peace is found in the extra five minutes of sleep, the dessert that melts our soul, the programme on Nat Geo or History or Discovery that for once takes us to a different place, away from the crazy demands of our monotonous lives.
Those days of constant nothingness are long lost. It’s what we now know to be our childhood. We chased nothing then (maybe just butterflies) and yet the happiness quotient was always at a `happy' high! We knew just the `ups’ in life; the concept of `crests and troughs’ wasn’t applicable to us then. It’s only now that we console ourselves basis this science of waves.
A ten day vacation out in the sea or up in the mountains, and we itch to go back to our normal routine savvy lives. Should it be any different? That’s open to debate.
It all comes down to living happily, stealing moments of joy. It comes to us in different ways. We interpret life in our own unique individualistic ways. Shades of peace are many. To each cometh his own.

3 comments:

  1. Cannot agree more.... Very well written..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neesha, I simply love the way you write!! About "dessert that melts our soul"...love it!!! I've been catching up on your older posts and whatever you write is a great read! It's wonderful to see a slice of America through your eyes. As for the boys in NYC, I'd STARE too;-))

    We're all fine and our house is finally coming up. I hope you'll come and stay with us whenever you visit Guwahati. My father passed away last month and I've been dividing my time between home and Haflong. He had been suffering from cancer for 14 years.

    I've been blogging since 2007. You might like to check out my old neighbourhood as well:) It's http://terrafarmer.blogspot.com/

    Blog on! I'm certainly not going to miss out on any of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neesha extremely well written and extremely thought provoking...I just cant live my life without the fair share of fun...Life yes becomes robotic at times but I keep making it different to enjoy the time I have till I have age on my side !!!

    You keep writing...

    ReplyDelete