Sunday, January 15, 2012

Think So?

Freedom- a word we use so often. We talk about it all the time. Being free is what we all wish for one way or another- for it is in our history , in our blood and in our struggle on a daily basis to get hold of the reins of our life: to steer it as we may please.  
In the end, it is safe to presume that we all have our own interpretations of freedom!


What I am concerned about is being free where it matters most- up in my head. Liberty to me is the freedom of my mind and of my thoughts- for they alone define who I am. 
And I am only as exclusive or as commonplace as are my thoughts.  

My beliefs and my biases, my attitude and my attributes, my vanity and my vices and most importantly my dreams and my desires- they are all born out of the way I was taught to think, raised and molded in the years when it mattered the most.

So then, do I think freely? Do any of us? 

I have never been able to understand what makes one’s thoughts truly 'free'- I wonder if that is nothing more than just a myth! Who are those ‘free thinkers’ we hear about so often?  Is it even possible to rid our thoughts of their underlying prepossessed notions?

Or is the act of thinking freely merely being unaffected by 'how' society may perceive us to be and not caring one bit about 'who' we come across as to our fellow beings?  
Is being free the same as being brave then? Or is it that only the brave can be truly free?

That brings me to the question that has been doing the rounds in my head all day long- Am I true to my thoughts or am I an infidel cheating on them with my actions? Am I being truly me and living my best life yet?

Am I truly free? 

I wonder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment